As of August 1, 2022, the California Department of Public Health requires all patients and visitors to continue to wear face coverings in the dental practice.
We understand you may have questions regarding face covering requirements in our dental office with the recent changes to California’s mask mandate. We greatly respect everyone’s opinion and convictions regarding such a sensitive and controversial subject; however, we ask that all patients and visitors continue to wear face masks in our dental practice, except when seated in the patient chair during treatment.
We have adopted our policies to comply with the California Department of Public Health’s guidance issued on February 28, 2022, which states that face masks are still required for all individuals in health care settings, including dental offices, regardless of their vaccination status.
At Dr. Shelby's office, we believe in putting the health and safety of our dental team and patients first and have always adopted the most cautious approach regarding government and health officials’ recommendations in response to the pandemic. We thank you all for your understanding and patience as we work diligently to protect the health and safety of our patients and dental team during these challenging times.
If you have any questions or concerns about our dental office’s face covering policy, please contact our office at 925-755-5115
Our Ongoing COVID-19 Protocol:
Our commitment to you, our patients, team, and community is simple - we will do everything in our power to provide you with a safe environment for dental care. As leading healthcare professionals in your community, it is our responsibility to consistently follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)’s Infection Control Guidelines for Dental Practices. We have state-of-the-art infection control policies, procedures and systems in place that demonstrate safe and infection-free oral healthcare that meet or exceed the CDC’s Standard Precautions for Dental Practices.
Additional Safety Protocols To Keep You Safe
Increased Safety Standards:
- All our team members have the Personal Protective Equipment recommended by the CDC.
- We will also ask you to wear a mask and comply with social distancing upon your entry to our facility.
- We have a designated sanitation station for you to use a hand sanitizer once you enter the facility.
- Our team members are checked daily for signs or symptoms of illness.
- We will screen all patients and team members upon arrival to ensure the safety for all.
- Care team members who show any signs or symptoms of a cold, seasonal flu, or COVID-19 must stay home until they have been cleared by their healthcare provider.
- Upon your arrival, you will be asked a series of COVID-19 symptom screening questions..
- We are limiting seating in all waiting rooms to comply with social distancing standards so we are asking that only one adult accompany the patient. Additional family members are asked to wait in the car or stay at home.