Book an Appointment
Send Us a Message
We've been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic shelter in place.
We are implementing paperless medical updates and COVID-19 screenings. You can find the forms HERE. We're still learning how these new programs integrate with our systems so we appreciate your patience with our learning curve. See you all soon!
20 May 2020
Re: Reopening June 1, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While some things may have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
All of the information in this letter will be available on our YouTube channel which you can link to at DrShelby.com or by visiting our Facebook page.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new mandates or guidelines that may be issued.
In order to protect the health of patients, caregivers and staff, we have instituted a number of new policies outlined below:
- Our office will be calling to pre screen both the patient, and the person accompanying them, the day before their appointment.
- The day of the appointment the same guardian who was pre screened may accompany the patient to their appointment, and both the patient and guardian will be screened again. This must be the same guardian who was screened the day before.
- When coming for appointments, the guardian and patient must arrive wearing a mask. Masks will not be provided to you or the patient due to severe PPE shortages. Children ages 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- Only one guardian per patient may come to the appointment. NO other family members or friends can be allowed at this time.
- There will be a specific, outdoor check in station for screening and you will not enter the office until a staff member escorts you inside.
- Each person entering our office will be required to use hand sanitizer at one of our sanitizing stations.
- Except under strict conditions, only the patient will proceed into the treatment area.
- 48 hours following the appointment our office will be calling to post screen the guardian and patient.
Please note that appointment times will be lengthened and staggered to allow for social distancing between patients and providers as well as allowing increased time for enhanced infection control measures as set forth by the ADA, CDC and OSHA.
Scheduling flexibility will be limited as we work to reappoint the nearly 1,500 patients who had to be canceled due to the shut down. In order to see the most patients possible, my associate Dr Alf Doan has kindly agreed to step away from one of his other offices to perform restorative procedures while Dr Shelby manages the emergent, preventative and orthodontic care.
All existing appointments will be rescheduled as we prioritize patients in pain, those with severe decay or broken orthodontic appliances to get them seen as soon as we open. Following the emergent patients, we will begin to schedule the routine orthodontic and preventative visits. Please understand that because of the new infection control guidelines, we will have certain days set aside for certain procedures.
Because of the heightened risk of infection to staff and patients, we will limit the number of aerosolizing procedures (such as traditional fillings, sealants, and orthodontic bonding) that are scheduled per week. We will also be discussing with you alternative, non-aerosolizing procedures that are available for the treatment of decay.
Again, please visit DrShelby.com for a link to our YouTube channel which will give you more information on all of the above. Our videos will introduce you to Dr Alf (he's awesome), explain the alternative treatments we will be offering, and walk you through the new check in procedures. New videos will be posted as we are able to produce them and as regulations change. Updates are also posted in our office Facebook page.
Thank you for your patience during these ever changing times. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr Shelby, Dr Alf and Staff